Friday, September 10, 2010

APPETITE TRIALS

I’m not the complaining type

But these dieting things...too much hype

What’s the point in controlling your waistline?

I’ll eat those burgers, give me a fine

Obesity and malnutrition trying to make a point

While I make time fly at a pizza joint

Junk food or calories, neither do I fear

When hunger calls, I’ll hold only my needs near

So, begin to imagine my glee

As one day in the newspaper i see

Those golden words that lit my soul

And alluring promise that made me drool

Behold that newspaper, my holy book

With its sultry smell and calm look

It had a message that thrilled me so

A medical trial, with a cure for this fatso!

“All you can eat, and still stay slim”

Could it be true, can medicine make me trim?

And I set out that day all hope aglow

Would my dreams come true, who would know?

They took me in with much grandeur

I’d thought they’d throw me in the sewer

My hunger can remain, those burgers will banish

My body stays the same, the cellulite will vanish!

It started Monday, with syringes and needles

And those meds stored in cradles

They poked and poked all around

It stung and hurt all about...

It came in all colours, it came in all shapes

Sometimes they’d pour it and I’d just sit and gape

Or on my arms, my legs, my little veins

Who would empathize with my tender pains?

By Tuesday, things were really sad

My appetite was the same, my tummy still bad

Forget body mass index, forget appetite trials

I want my life back, give me my files

So goes the tale, the story i told

Never believe what a newspaper sold

Don’t leave your burgers, just stay high

But of syringes and trials, bid goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment