Thursday, September 24, 2009

My vacation so far...

Being a medical student is not easy…well, that’s what I hear around me all the time anyway. I wouldn’t really know about it, I’ve just somehow finished my first MB exams. The phase I’m going through now is what most of my seniors have named “the last vacation your going to have in a long time”….So I decided I might write down about this momentous occasion!

When vacation started (for some of us that meant just after theory exams) there was an immediate flurry of excitement.
“Hey what r we going to do?”
“I’m gonna go home n sleep for the next 2 days”
“I’m going to hang out with friends”
“We’re planning an all-India tour”
“I’m going abroad!!”
“When r u inviting me to ur place??”
“When r u coming to my place”
“What about the juniors?”
………….
The list goes on….
Two days later, we all meet again to file some forms for the university. A glimpse of the situation then:
“I’m so bored!”
“Me too!”
“I just sleep n watch TV”
“Well…at least its guilt free this time…”
“I wonder when class starts...”
“I still haven’t seen the juniors”
“It’s just started…we’ll probably start having a blast soon…”
“You think..?”

So the last vacation for a long time didn’t start off to well. But we haven’t lost heart. I don’t think cmc 52 is that easy to defeat!
So ppl start planning out their vacation forcefully…
“You’d better invite me for Ramzan celebration…or else”
“Ok…forget the all-India tour…how about north India?”
“What do u mean too expensive??!!”
“Fine...we’ll settle for just a city!”

I think the starting point for the mayhem to start was Eid. Invitations were accepted,(or forced into accepting),waistlines were neglected…and major fun was had..
My personal experience was at my best friend’s house. She invited me and other friends over for lunch on Eid. After the totally superb food,gracious hospitality...we sit down to chat…but then one of my brilliant friends decides that we should go for a walk…I start a talk on the 7 Don’t after a meal, with walking immediately after a heavy meal being one of them.10 seconds later I’m walking across a national highway with 10 other pals…!

Walked along a busy highway, crossed 2 rail lines(I went pretty hyper at this point), asked directions to lots of people, watched those people arguing over the directions, walked across a fishery harbor(glad to note olfactory sensations were optimal…hee hee),and finally reached the beach…
But I have to admit, it was fun. We went to the beach…it was totally different from the scene at the calicut beach hotspots. I saw lines of seashells scattered about...I can’t even remember the last time I saw so many of them

The day was spent with friends and family…I can’t think of anything more pleasing…
Now, most people who have known me won’t believe half of what I’m going to write next. But its true…it really is!
My friends and I were simply aimlessly wasting time when we found out that our college adventure sports club has arranged a 2-day program. So we set off on something I was sure would me a total embarrassment for me. This brings me to my little secret…actually it’s more common knowledge by now: I’m athletically challenged. I’m not quite sure of this term’s usage but I mean to say that I’m totally bad at anything that involves physical exertion…..or let alone, anything that involves a ball! Now imagine someone like that at an adventure sports meet!
But the adrenoventure(that was the name of the prog) turned out to be fun…There was Parasailing, Russian ladder, jhummering, valley crossing etc….I am pleased to announce that I flew…as in I Para-sailed… Well I did get nicely from my parents when I got home, but it was worth it…!! hopefully i'll add photos of that later...
And of course...my most productive work during the holiday: My beloved blog..!
Glad to see more people joining….keep joining and commenting
So that’s my vacation so far… there r more plans in the bag...n I’m sure I’ve missed out one or two cool things that should have been written here...But I don’t want the rest of my holidays to get jinxed… ;)

4 comments:

  1. speechless... :O !!
    seriously, m jus starin at d words in disbelief!! Hope tis jus d beginnin f d las vacation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe last vacation for a while has a really ominous sound to it.. I'm at college lounging and lazing with nothing to do.. Beauty of engineering.. stuff can always wait till tomorrow :P And u got LG to comment.. WOW!!
    Great going on the blog by the way.. Cant wait to read more ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..you dont know the waves u are creating,i mean with the para sailing and all..

    ReplyDelete