Thursday, September 17, 2009

Picture Perfect


I walk across the street, alone

Thinking that someone will know

Why people love with hearts of stone…

When you look: its picture perfect, yet so low…

Can you see my smile crafted for life…?

One with a dainty glimpse of all my lies…

Through those false frames, gaze at my strife

As the last bit of faith in me dies…

Do you know the feeling: of endlessly falling,

Of grabbing, at any hand that offers support.

And finding out that life can sting,

Even when misery and joy both remain short…

You can’t stand me rising up,

How can I trust my back to you?

You’d prefer if I just gave up!!

You know, I think it’s time to be true…

I’ve had enough of your damn rules

Principles that clash with what you do!!

What makes you think I’ll be your fool?

It’s all over, I’m about to choose….

Been lying to myself, can’t take the pain anymore

Knowing that no one knows the real me anyhow

All around, people cramp my persona to the floor

Well…with this last cry, I’ll take my bow!!

2 comments:

  1. Um sreya... That stuff is pretty deep.. Haven't been online in a while.. just catching up actually... but damn, you can write! I love the intensity of your words.. Nice going!

    ReplyDelete